Total Pageviews

Friday, July 30, 2010

J Street and Alan Dershowitz Tangle

J Street Plays for Power by Slamming Israel

by Nadene Goldfoot


Our Jewish Review has an article today by Alan Dershowitz, the lawyer and my favorite defender of Israel. In fact, today I've been reading his book, "The Case Against Israel's Enemies: Exposing Jimmy Carter and Others Who Stand in the War of Peace. He's my hero.


He's my hero even though he's more liberal than I am. Right now he's mad at J Street and has exposed them for what they are. I've been disgusted with J Street ever since I discovered them last year.


J Street is power hungry, trying to break AIPAC's power, which I belong to, by the way, and who I think are terribly liberal for my tastes, and in order to gain this power is attacking Limbaugh and Palin who have spoken well of Israel and lumping Dershowitz with them. J Street's leader is Jeremy Ben-Ami who has been lying about what Dershowitz stands for. Dershowitz is for the two-state solution and end of " occupation" in the West Bank (Judea and Samaria). I have come to the conclusion that I'm not agreeing with him in that but agree with Dershowitz in every other way. He's one person that presents logical facts and conclusions. He's a lawyer who has not been afraid to speak up for Israel. We've certainly needed his support.


Dershowitz explains that J Street is focusing on the 20% of issues which can be disagreed with and he focuses on the 80% of issues that have a broad consensus within the pro-Israel community.


I feel that Israel is a democracy and has the right to decide on these things. After living there for 5 1/2 years, I know that Americans have no clue as to what it's like to live in Israel and have to contend with the things they are faced with, such as rockets and mortars and such. I feel we have to trust Israelis to make the right decisions. We're not out there sending our sons into battle or risking our necks with the neighbors who want to kill us. Israelis are not shmegeggis. They're more than intelligent. They're even more than brave. Know thy enemy, as the saying goes, and I feel Israelis know their enemy much better than we Americans do. I guess they're my heroes, too.


The last thing Israel or American Jews need right now is to be so divided as J Street is trying to divide us. We're a teeny tiny group, we Jews, and make up only about 1% of the world population, and we're as divided as can be. J Street and its cohorts of Norman Finkelstein and Noam Chomsky profess to be for Israel while tearing it down in every survival tactic that they come up with. Norman has actually been barred from entering Israel, now. He's not welcome. He's become deplorable.


Seems like I remember from my Holocaust studies that a lot of power plays were going on in America as our brethern burned in the ovens. Get rid of the ego, fellas, and get on with supporting Israel in a real way.


Resource: Jewish Review page 4 August 1, 2010
http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/news/israel-denies-entry-to-high-profile-critic-norman-finkelstein-1.246487

No comments: