Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Kerry's Pressure on Netanyahu to Make Concessions

Nadene Goldfoot                                                    
Advising Israel is the USA's role in assisting Israel to achieve a peace decree with the Palestinians, but they have overstepped their position by becoming a bully.  Israel is being told that they must make many concessions while not asking for much at all from the Palestinians.  They are not acting as mediators.  They haven't even displayed evidence of understanding what part of land belongs to Israel since 1967's attack of all the Arab nations against Israel.

Israel is a country that is independent from the USA or any other country.  It is quite alone as the only Jewish state in  a world made up mostly of 33.4% of Christians and 22.7% of Muslims.  Jews, of which number about 14 million in the world, make up only about 0.02% of the world's religions.  6 million Jews live in Israel while 1.7 million Arabs, a mixture of Christian and Muslim live there also.  There happens to be 1,800-2,200 million Christians and at least 1,570 million Muslims. There are also 13.8 % Hindus and  6.8 %Buddhists.  11.7 % people are non religious with another 11.6 % classified as "other" of which Jews must have been included.

Because of this reason, and from having lost 6 million during the 1940-1945  Holocaust in WWII which reduced their small size to an even smaller one, and religious reasons, Jew have found themselves as the persecuted, the scapegoat of problems in the world.  This small group have also been in known to be the smartest, making others quite jealous, coveting what they have.

Menachem Begin, Prime Minister of Israel was not to be bullied, however.  He told Ronald Reagan, US President, that some people called the land west of the Jordan River "The West Bank," but that it had always been called from the beginning of time "Judea and Samaria." and was only called this new name by the King of Jordan when he took it illegally in 1948.  He said, "this simple historic truth will never change. There are cynics who deride history.  They may continue their derision as they wish, but I will stand by the truth."    He went on to tell the history.  "The truth is that millennia ago there was a Jewish kingdom of Judea and Samaria where our kings knelt to G-d, where our prophets brought forth the vision of eternal peace, where we developed a rather rich civilization which we took with us, in our hearts and in our minds, on our long global trek over 18 centuries, and with it, we came back home."

What Kerry proposed or threatens Netanyahu with has been steps to harm Israel such as releasing murderers from prison.  Giving up land is harmful.  Israel has already lost 80% of the promised land from the League of Nations to the Muslims and cannot afford to lose any of its remaining 20% to them.

The purpose of having Israel in the first place was to regain our former land which had been lying fallow for the past 2,000 years.  The reason Jews needed it was that they had been suffering from the Romans' invasion all this time as the smallest religious group and needed their own homeland.

The Palestinians were not all people native to the land and never had their own state of Palestine before.  They were immigrants who were looking for jobs when Russian Jews had returned to Eretz Israel in the 1880's.  They called themselves Syrian Arabs since so many had come from Syria.  The only time they were thinking of having their own state was after 1967 when all the Arab states again attacked Israel and lost once again.  This is simply a new tactic to gain land and drive out the Jews as the charter of the Muslim Brotherhood and Hamas adhere to and are carrying out.

This US administration is destroying the role of a big brother who once voted for Israel's acceptance into the nations of the world in the UN on May 14, 1948 through the good will of Harry S. Truman.  Now it is against the only democratic state in the Middle East who  stands for all the good things religions should do.

Netanyahu and his administrators will have to remember that Begin was brave enough to tell Ronald Reagan how far he could go with Israel.  He can likewise tell Obama. " Israel is not the US's vassal state, territory or serf that has to cower before the feudal overlord."


1 comment:

Nadene Goldfoot said...

Update: by Ilan Ben Zion
Israel's chief negotiator with the Palestinians, Justice Minister Tzipi Livni, told Israel Channel 2 TV on Saturday that PA President Mahmoud Abbas' positions were "not only unacceptable to us but to the whole world, and if he continues to stick to them, then the Palestinians will be the ones to pay the price." According to a recent poll by Channel 2, 87% of the Israeli public believes the negotiations will not yield a peace agreement. (Times of Israel)