Benjamin Netanyahu, Prime Minister of Israel, gave an interview and was asked about Israel's occupation of Arab lands. His response was, "It's our land." The reporter (CNN or the like) was stunned.
Here are the overlooked facts in the current Middle East situation. These were compiled by a Christian university professor. It should take you only 1.5 minutes to read!!! It makes sense and it's not slanted.
1. Nationhood and Jerusalem: Israel became a nation in 1312 - 1271 BCE, 2,000 years before the rise of Islam.
2. Arab refugees in Israel began identifying themselves as part of a Palestinian people in 1967, 2 decades after the establishment of the modern State of Israel.
3. Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 BCE, the Jews have had dominion over the land for 1,000 years with a continuous presence in the land for the past 3,300 years.
4. The only Arab dominion since the conquest in 635 CE lasted no more than 22 years.
5. For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital. Jerusalem has never been the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity. Even when the Jordanians occupied Jerusalem, they never sought to make it their capital, and Arab leaders did not come to visit.
6. Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in Tanach, the Jewish Holy scriptures (Bible). Jerusalem is not mentioned once in the Koran.
7. King David founded the city of Jerusalem. Mohammed never came to Jerusalem. (The farthest mosque is not an accurate description of Jerusalem.)
8. Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Muslims pray with their backs toward Jerusalem.
9. Arab and Jewish Refugees: In 1948 the Arab refugees were encouraged to leave Israel by Arab leaders promising to purge the land of Jews. 68% left without ever seeing an Israeli soldier.
10. The Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab lands due to Arab brutality, persecution and pogroms. Arab leaders were incensed with creation of Israel, kicked out the Jews.
11. The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in 1948 is estimated to be around 630,000. The number of Jewish refugees from Arab lands is estimated to be the same.
12. Arab refugees were INTENTIONALLY not absorbed or integrated into the Arab lands to which they fled, despite the vast Arab territory. Out of the 100,000 refugees since WWII, theirs is the only refugee group in the world that has never been absorbed or integrated into their own people's lands. Jewish refugees were completely absorbed into Israel, a country no larger than the state of New Jersey.
13. The Arab-Israeli Conflict: The Arabs are represented by 8 separate nations, not including the Palestinians. All Muslim countries back them. There is only one Jewish nation. The Arab nations initiated all 5 wars and lost. Israel defended itself each time and won.
14. The PLO's Charter still calls for the destruction of the State of Israel. Israel has given the Palestinians most of the West Bank land, autonomy under the Palestinian Authority (PA), and has supplied them.
15. Under Jordanian rule, Jewish holy sites were desecrated and the Jews were denied access to places of worship. Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and Christian sites have been preserved and made accessible to people of all faiths.
16. The UN Record on Israel and the Arabs: Of the 175 Security Council resolutions passed before 1990, 97 were directed against Israel.
17. Of the 690 General Assembly resolutions voted on before 1990, 429 were directed against Israel.
18. The UN was silent while 58 Jerusalem Synagogues were destroyed by the Jordanians.
19. The UN was silent while the Jordanians systematically desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives.
20. The UN was silent while the Jordanians enforced an apartheid-like policy of preventing Jews from visiting the Temple Mount AND the Western (Wailing) Wall.
Resource:UPDATE: 7/1/13 http://www.israelvideonetwork.com/prager-university-the-middle-east-problem?utm_source=MadMimi&utm_medium=email&utm_content=12Tribe+Films%3A+Martin+Luther+King+Jr%3A+%E2%80%9CIsrael%E2%80%A6+is+one+of+the+great+outpost+of+democracy+in+the+world%E2%80%9D+and+More+&utm_campaign=20130630_m116492712_7%2F1+12Tribe+Films%3A+Martin+Luther+King+Jr%3A+%E2%80%9CIsrael%E2%80%A6+is+one+of+the+great+outpost+of+democracy+in+the+world%E2%80%9D+and+More&utm_term=pragerU_jpg Excellent Video by Dennis Prager
Email from cousin Denise Bremridge
Christian University Professor